I combined my favorite parts of a variety of salads to create this masterpiece. The warm baked cheese and crunchy croutons are wonderful complements to the crisp salad greens.—Deb Morris, Wevertown, New York
Recommended: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut goat cheese into eight slices; brush both sides with olive oil and coat with bread crumbs. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 5-6 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, cranberries, walnuts and bacon; transfer to a platter. Top with cheese and croutons. Serve with dressing of your choice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Salad with Baked Goat Cheese in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p48
Reviews for Green Salad with Baked Goat Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review