Don't turn away from this recipe because of its name. It's a creamy, comforting dish I know your family will come to love as much as mine does.Ruth Glabe, Oronoco, Minnesota
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 pound shredded process America cheese
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions. Add remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 55-60 minutes or until the green pepper is tender.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 319 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.