Chopped fresh spinach produces pretty color in this simple but substantial side dish.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a bowl, combine the water, rice, spinach, butter, onion and salt
- if desired; mix well. Transfer to a greased 2-cup baking dish. Cover
- and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed
- and rice is tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 2/3 cup serving (calculated without salt) equals 149 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.