Green Pepper Tomato Salad
My mother has made this tasty salad for as long as I can remember. It's no surprise that this recipe has worked its way into my hand-written "Most Used Recipes" book. --Lili Hill of Athens, Georgia
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, celery and
- onion. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir into tomato mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring several times.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 34 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.