My mother has made this tasty salad for as long as I can remember. It's no surprise that this recipe has worked its way into my hand-written "Most Used Recipes" book. --Lili Hill of Athens, Georgia
Recommended: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir into tomato mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring several times. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Pepper Tomato Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p27
Reviews for Green Pepper Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2013
"Great taste and simple!"
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2011
"It was a different way to make a tomato salad, the vinegar an sugar was a nice mix of teste to the dish."