My mother has made this tasty salad for as long as I can remember. It's no surprise that this recipe has worked its way into my hand-written "Most Used Recipes" book. --Lili Hill of Athens, Georgia
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir into tomato mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring several times. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Pepper Tomato Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p27
Reviews for Green Pepper Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review