Green Pepper Steak Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-in.-thick strips
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 celery ribs, sliced diagonally
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Mix cornstarch, soy sauce and water until smooth. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- 2. Stir-fry onions, celery and pepper in remaining oil 3 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 259 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 992mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Green Pepper Steak
"This was a really good I used some stir fry beef I had in the freezer.i used a bag of 3 pepper and onion mix from Ralph's. I will definitely make this again."
"Tastes just like the chinese restaurant.....very flavorful"
"Loved this recipe! It was incredibly tasty and I will be cooking it again!!!"
"~ I love this recipe and have used it many times ~ it's quick and it's simple ~ I also add water chestnuts and bean sprouts when I make this recipe"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.