Green Pepper Steak Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, sliced diagonally
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- Partially freeze beef.
- Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips; set aside. For sauce, combine soy sauce, water and cornstarch; set aside. heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Stir-fry half of the beef until browned. Remove and repeat with remaining beef, adding additional oil as needed. Remove meat and keep warm.
- Add onions, green pepper and celery to pan; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes. Return beef to pan. Stir the sauce; add to pan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Add tomatoes; cook just until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Green Pepper Steak(3)
Sort By :
Tastes just like the chinese restaurant.....very flavorful
Loved this recipe! It was incredibly tasty and I will be cooking it again!!!
~ I love this recipe and have used it many times ~ it's quick and it's simple ~ I also add water chestnuts and bean sprouts when I make this recipe