Green Pepper Saute Recipe
- 3 large green peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned salad croutons
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the peppers, celery, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture is thickened. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Green Pepper Saute
"I used left over spaghetti sauce jazzed up with a sprinkle of basil. The seasoned croutons really made the dish however. It went very well with meatloaf. Will definitely make again."
"I serve this over rice as a side dish. Quick and easy."