Green Pepper Meat Loaf Recipe
"My husband, Wayne, asks for this meat loaf all the time," reports Edna Lauderdale of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. "We like it spicy, so we use hot sausage rather than mild. Slices are terrific drizzled with ketchup, served with mashed potatoes and gravy, or in meat loaf sandwiches the next day."
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey or beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 bacon strips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, green peppers, onion, celery leaves, parsley and soup mix. Crumble beef and sausage over the mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. x 4-in. loaf.
- Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Place bacon strips over top if desired. Bake 45-60 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 14 slices.
Originally published as Green Pepper Meat Loaf in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p52
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Green Pepper Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >