- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 bacon strips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, green peppers, onion, celery leaves, parsley and soup mix. Crumble beef and sausage over the mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. x 4-in. loaf.
- Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Place bacon strips over top if desired. Bake 45-60 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 14 slices.
Originally published as Green Pepper Meat Loaf in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p52
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Green Pepper Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review