Green Peas with Onion
Just a hint of garlic boosts the flavor in this quick and versatile side dish. Try it with all your favorite entrees!
Lorraine Stromberg - Taylor, Texas
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add peas and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 4-5 minutes or until peas are tender. Season with salt and
- pepper. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 123 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.