Green Pea Salad Recipe
Light sour cream and bottled Ranch salad dressing keep this salad easy to prepare. Bacon and cashews punch up the flavor and broccoli, cauliflower and peas make it a nutritious part of any meal. -Helen Suter of Golconda, Illinois
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 large celery rib, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup salted cashew pieces
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2-3 minutes. Rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, peas, celery and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the ranch dressing and sour cream. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in cashews and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 156 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Green Pea Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC