Green Pea Salad for 2 Recipe
Fat-free sour cream and bottled ranch salad dressing keep this salad, from Helen Suter of Golconda, Texas, easy to prepare. Bacon and cashews punch up the flavor, and broccoli, cauliflower and peas make it nutritious.
- 1/3 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon salted cashews pieces
- 1. Place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, peas, celery and onion. Combine the ranch dressing and sour cream; stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in bacon and cashews. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 150 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Green Pea Salad for 2
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC