Green Pea Salad for 2
Fat-free sour cream and bottled ranch salad dressing keep this salad, from Helen Suter of Golconda, Texas, easy to prepare. Bacon and cashews punch up the flavor, and broccoli, cauliflower and peas make it nutritious.
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon salted cashews pieces
- Place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a small
- saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for
- 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, peas, celery and
- onion. Combine the ranch dressing and sour cream; stir into
- vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just
- before serving, stir in bacon and cashews. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 150 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.