Light sour cream and bottled Ranch salad dressing keep this salad easy to prepare. Bacon and cashews punch up the flavor and broccoli, cauliflower and peas make it a nutritious part of any meal. -Helen Suter of Golconda, Illinois
Recommended: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 large celery rib, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup salted cashew pieces
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2-3 minutes. Rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, peas, celery and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch dressing and sour cream. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in cashews and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Pea Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p25
Reviews for Green Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review