Better double the batch! These savory, elegant rolls will disappear fast. —Jane Kroeger, Key Largo, Florida
- 2 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- In a small skillet, saute onions in butter. Roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread with onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses, pepper and garlic salt if desired.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place each slice in a greased muffin cup. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Green Onion Rolls in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p49
Reviews for Green Onion Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review