- 2 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- In a small skillet, saute onions in butter. Roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread with onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses, pepper and garlic salt if desired.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place each slice in a greased muffin cup. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Green Onion Rolls
Sort By :
I thought these were very good... Ended up making them last minute, so I had to use sharp cheddar cheese since that's what I had on hand. It was a little messy trying to get the cut slices into the muffin tins without the filling falling out, but it was worth it. They went very well with the Unstuffed Cabbage Soup that I made:)
These are very good! Made them for our Dinner Club and everyone loved them. Great with Crown Pork Roast.