Green Onion Potato Salad
Ever since I can remember, my aunt Beverly has made this potato salad for special occasions. She gave me the recipe a few years ago, and I've been making it for parties and my card clubs. I get many requests for the recipe.
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoon green onion dip mix
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, pickle and green onion.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato
- mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until
- chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 465 calories, 36 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 1,044 mg sodium,