Green Onion Potato Rolls Recipe
The mild green onion flavor of these tender rolls appeals to all. I keep the ingredients on hand so I can bake up a batch on a moment's notice.
- 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/4 cups mashed potato flakes, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 to 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 eggs
- All-purpose flour
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, 1 cup potato flakes, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat the milk, butter and onions to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add eggs; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Dip each ball into remaining potato flakes. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC