Green Onion Muffins Recipe
I don't spend as much time in the kitchen as I did when our children were still at home. When I feel like baking these days, I share the goodies with neighbors.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed Rice Chex
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, baking powder, sugar and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cream cheese and onions.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Green Onion Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC