Green Onion Muffins
I don't spend as much time in the kitchen as I did when our children were still at home. When I feel like baking these days, I share the goodies with neighbors.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed Rice Chex
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, baking powder, sugar and
- salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cream cheese and onions.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20
- minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes
- before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.