Green Onion Drop Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, onions, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 171 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Green Onion Drop Biscuits
"These were a little too bland for me. Watch the cooking time as well! Mine baked much quicker."
"Love this recipe. Green onions make everything good."