Green Onion Drop Biscuits Recipe
These golden gems, developed by our Test Kitchen, are beyond scrumptious-crunchy on the outside and moist and tender inside. You'll want to save a few biscuits for mini ham sandwiches on Easter Monday. Feel free to substitute chives for green onions.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, onions, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Green Onion Drop Biscuits in Country Woman March/April 2007, p37
Reviews for Green Onion Drop Biscuits(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review