Green Onion Cornmeal Muffins Recipe
Corn bread and corn muffins are popular in New England. This muffin recipe has a different twist with green onions and sour cream, and the aroma while they’re baking is wonderful! I like to serve these with soups and stews.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, milk, butter and onions; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 150 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC