Green Onion Cornmeal Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, milk, butter and onions; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 150 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Green Onion Cornmeal Muffins
"These muffins were very moist and tasteful...will for sure make again!thank u for sharing."