Green Onion Burgers
When my husband and I took a grilling class at a local college, the instructor prepared these burgers. The green onion flavor really shines through. - Marilyn Trisch, La Crosse, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef
- over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties. Grill,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9
- minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns. Yield:
- 12 servings.
You can find fresh gingerroot in the produce section of your grocery store. If tightly wrapped, it can be refrigerated for 3 weeks or frozen for up to 1 year. Use your garlic press to easily mince peeled fresh gingerroot.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 252 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 609 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.