When my husband and I took a grilling class at a local college, the instructor prepared these burgers. The green onion flavor really shines through. - Marilyn Trisch, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Green Onion Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p110
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Green Onion Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2011
"Loved it so did my guest and kids!"