When my husband and I took a grilling class at a local college, the instructor prepared these burgers. The green onion flavor really shines through. - Marilyn Trisch, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Green Onion Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p110
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Green Onion Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2011
"Loved it so did my guest and kids!"