Green Onion Biscuits
The savory flavor of green onions comes through in these easy drop biscuits that are best right out of the oven. They have a crusty exterior and soft interior.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the
- buttermilk, onions and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated
- with cooking spray. Spritz tops with butter-flavored spray. Bake at
- 400° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield:
- 16 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: One biscuit equals 85 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.