Green Onion Biscuits Recipe
The savory flavor of green onions comes through in these easy drop biscuits that are best right out of the oven. They have a crusty exterior and soft interior. -Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the buttermilk, onions and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz tops with butter-flavored spray. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 biscuits.
One biscuit equals 85 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC