Olive fans will love this dip. It's cheesy and full of beef and beans. It could even be used to fill taco shells. —Beth Dunahay, Lima, Ohio
Featured In: 25 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes for Worry-Free Appetizers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) sliced green olives with pimientos, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the beans, salsa, cheeses and olives. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Green Olive Dip in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p89
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Green Olive Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2014
"The dip is okay, but not what I expected. Made it for a Superbowl party and I was disappointed,"
Reviewed May. 3, 2012
"My Family Loved This!"