Green Olive Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) sliced green olives with pimientos, drained
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the beans, salsa, cheeses and olives. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 96 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Green Olive Dip
"I made this and did not like the beef in it. I think it would be good beef less. Liked the olives in it."
"The dip is okay, but not what I expected. Made it for a Superbowl party and I was disappointed,"
"This is easy. Took to church potluck and it was a very big hit. I was asked to bring to next potluck."
"My Family Loved This!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.