Green Garden Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, optional
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 cups torn salad greens
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 to 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1. In a jar or bottle with tight-fitting lid, combine all the dressing ingredients; shake well. Chill. Just before serving, combine greens, onion, cucumber and tomatoes in a large salad bowl. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad; toss to mix. Top with the green pepper rings. Yield: 8-10 servings (1-1/3 cups dressing).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 173 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Green Garden Salad
"I love this dressing! And this is my favorite combination of greens and vegetables."