Green Garden Salad Recipe
"THE SECRET of any salad is the dressing, and in this dressing the ingredient that makes the difference is red wine vinegar. Mixed with olive oil and Italian seasonings, this dressing enhances any kind of greens with a special flavor."
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, optional
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 cups torn salad greens
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 to 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper, sliced into rings
- In a jar or bottle with tight-fitting lid, combine all the dressing ingredients; shake well. Chill. Just before serving, combine greens, onion, cucumber and tomatoes in a large salad bowl. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad; toss to mix. Top with the green pepper rings. Yield: 8-10 servings (1-1/3 cups dressing).
Originally published as Green Garden Salad in Reminisce Extra October 1993, p47
Reviews for Green Garden Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2010
I love this dressing! And this is my favorite combination of greens and vegetables.