- 2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Microwave 2 cups soda on high for 1-2 minutes or until hot. Place hot soda and gelatin in a blender; cover and process until gelatin is dissolved. Add cream cheese; process until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in chilled soda. Whisk in whipped topping. Pour into a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Green Flop Jell-O
"I made yesterday with sugar-free cherry jello and tonic water as substitutes... I love my microwave BUT to really get the jello to melt and everything else to blend well together & prevent separating ... try boiling the water and then adding that to the jello to dissolve! Then mix rest together ... Everything blended together without separating with the exception of the top which was "frothy" because of adding the additional liquid at the end which I did before pouring into container. This way also eliminates messing up a blender...."
"Husband and kiddo love this!! We had the same separation issue. I accidentally picked up a tub of spreadable cream cheese rather than a block at the grocery store one time, and it completely fixed the separation issue!"
"We loved it, the kids especially liked it. I will definitely make this again!"
"This was so light and airy it was like eating a cloud. However, the second time I made it, it separated and I had clear jello at the bottom. Although it tasted of the lime it did not look as appealing. What did I do wrong?"
"Mine also separated and I am SO disappointed, I was really looking forward to trying this because it sounded so yummy! I didn't see the original story, but wondered about the 'flop' - any suggestions to avoid the separation to those of you who had success with this recipe?"