- 2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Microwave 2 cups soda on high for 1-2 minutes or until hot. Place hot soda and gelatin in a blender; cover and process until gelatin is dissolved. Add cream cheese; process until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in chilled soda. Whisk in whipped topping. Pour into a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Green Flop Jell-O
Sort By :
"Mine also separated and I am SO disappointed, I was really looking forward to trying this because it sounded so yummy! I didn't see the original story, but wondered about the 'flop' - any suggestions to avoid the separation to those of you who had success with this recipe?"
"This was good, a light and refreshing summer desert. Mine also separated at the bottom but I don't recommend attempting to stir it in because then the consistency really changed. The flavor was good though, a family pleaser, not too rich for my husband and kid friendly."
"jllovett and rwippel if you read the story behind the recipe it says that it separated which is why it was originally called a "flop". Mine didn't separate but was very light and refreshing."
"Easy to make. Nice light dessert."
"This was good as rwipple stated and mine separated some at the bottom also. I also used the entire 8 oz of cream cheese. I 'm going to try this again as a pie!"