- 6 marshmallows
- 6 chocolate or vanilla cupcakes baked in black foil liners
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Neon green food coloring
- 6 small chocolate-coated mints
- Trim a corner from one short end of each marshmallow. Attach the marshmallows, cut side down, on top of the cupcakes with a dot of frosting.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of vanilla frosting into a small resealable bag; set aside.
- Tint the remaining vanilla frosting neon green with the food coloring. Spoon the neon green frosting into a resealable 2-qt. freezer bag. Snip a very small corner (1/8 in.) from bag. Pipe dots of frosting along the outer edge of the cupcake with a pipe-stop-and-pull action to create spikes of frosting. Continue piping all over the cupcakes to completely cover all but the flat side of the marshmallow. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes and frosting.
- Snip a very small corner (1/16 in.) from the bag with the vanilla frosting. Pipe a dot of vanilla frosting in the center of each marshmallow and attach the chocolate-coated mint. Pipe a small line to add as the sparkle in the eye. Yield: 6 cupcakes.
Reviews for Green-Eyed Monster
Sort By :
I loved this, but didn't use marshmallows nor candy,,just icing all the way through. I also didn't put that much green icing to overwhelm the cupcake. My work loved the look of them. Good and cute!
The kids had a GREAT time decorating these and many more monster cupcakes! They are very sweet, but soooo cute!
EVERYONE LOVED THESE MADE THEM FOR MY GRANDSONS 10TH B-DAY PARTY KID THOUGHT THEY WERE GREAT!
I made these with my two nieces ages 12 & 10 for one of their school carnivals. We had a blast and we did the halloween candy corn M&Ms for the eyes...alot faster to make than I thought they would be... video was a great demo
Made last year for Halloween. Fun design, easy to do.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Desserts >
- Easy Cake Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Halloween Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Cakes >
- Halloween Cupcake Recipes >