Green Eggs and Ham Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 slices deli ham, halved
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 1. Heat a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Whisk the eggs, milk and pesto. Add to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 2. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set and top appears glossy, remove from skillet and cut into quarters.
- 3. On each English muffin bottom, layer ham, eggs and cheese. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 329 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 230mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Green Eggs and Ham Sandwiches
"These were good, but not fantastic. Maybe next time I will try proscuitto."
"Yum. Did I say, yum? YUM!"