Green Eggs and Ham Sandwiches
This is my kid-friendly version of green eggs and ham. For my adult version, I use prosiuitto instead of ham and fontina cheese for the provolone. It's a fun sandwich for breakfast, lunch or dinner. —Beth Dauenhauer, Pueblo, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 slices deli ham, halved
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- Heat a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium
- heat. Whisk the eggs, milk and pesto. Add to skillet (mixture should
- set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set and top appears
- glossy, remove from skillet and cut into quarters.
- On each English muffin bottom, layer ham, eggs and cheese. Replace
- tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 329 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 230 mg cholesterol, 716 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.