Green Eggs and Ham Sandwiches Recipe
This is my kid-friendly version of green eggs and ham. For my adult version, I use prosiuitto instead of ham and fontina cheese for the provolone. It's a fun sandwich for breakfast, lunch or dinner. —Beth Dauenhauer, Pueblo, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 slices deli ham, halved
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 1. Heat a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Whisk the eggs, milk and pesto. Add to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 2. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set and top appears glossy, remove from skillet and cut into quarters.
- 3. On each English muffin bottom, layer ham, eggs and cheese. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 329 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 230 mg cholesterol, 716 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC