This is the best chili I've ever had. It was handed down to me by mother, who learned it from her mother. We enjoy it with crackers or a pan of corn bread.Gloria Rhinehart, Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook ground beef with onion until the
- beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, green chilies,
- potatoes, water and salt. Simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes or until the
- potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings (5 cups).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 230 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.