Green Chili Tomato Soup
Chris Christopher of Albuquerque, New Mexico found an easy way to jazz up canned tomato soup. “I created this recipe after eating some tangy tomato soup in a restaurant,” she explains. “They wouldn't divulge the ingredients, so after a few tries, I came up with this version. It is so simple and very tasty.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the soup, milk and chilies until
- blended. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 270 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,328 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.