Anaheim chilies are the top crop in New Mexico. I roast them to use in a variety of dishes. Peppers give this down-home stew a wonderful rich flavor my family loves.—Mary Spill, Tierra Amarilla, New Mexico
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 8 to 10 Anaheim chilies, roasted, peeled and chopped or 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried coriander
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, brown beef and pork; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili Stew in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p45
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Green Chili Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review