Green Chili Stew Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 8 to 10 Anaheim chilies, roasted, peeled and chopped or 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, brown beef and pork; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Yield: 10 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 247 calories, 12g fat (0g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 2 meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Green Chili Stew
"I'd give it a 2 as it's written. I made it just as the recipe stated except I didn't have coriander. I found that there wasn't enough liquid in the recipe. I put the potatoes in last and they sat on top of other ingredients and didn't even get wet. I added 3 cups of beef broth and simmered it. Once it was finished I decided not to serve it until the next day (soup is better the second day anyway). When I heated it up on day 2, it was on the bland side and still needed more liquid. I added 2 more cups of beef broth and 2 teaspoons cumin. That did the trick. I'd rate it a 4 with the changes. I did use roasted Anaheim peppers so maybe my peppers weren't flavorful enough."
"I use the 3 cans of chopped green chilies, love this recipe!"
"We love this stew. There is nothing negative to say about this recipe. I make this often in the winter months."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.