Green Chili Stew Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 8 to 10 Anaheim chilies, roasted, peeled and chopped or 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, brown beef and pork; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Yield: 10 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving (prepared with ground chuck and low-sodium tomatoes and without salt) equals 2-1/2 meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch; also, 247 calories, 58 mg sodium, 63 mg cholesterol, 16 gm carbohydrate, 20 gm protein, 12 gm fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.