Green Chili Rice
Green Chili Rice is suggested by Sandra Hanson of Emery, South Dakota, a busy mother of triplets. "With only five ingredients, this rich and creamy rice casserole mixes up in a snap. I always get requests for the recipe," she remarks.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, chilies and cheese.
- Stir in rice. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 279 calories, 14 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.