Green Chili Rice Casserole
"This cheesy bake is wonderful for church potlucks because it goes well with any main course," reports Naomi Newkirk from Sacramento, California. "I often sprinkle a little paprika over the top for color."
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt.
- baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 384 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.