Green Chili Rice is suggested by Sandra Hanson of Emery, South Dakota, a busy mother of triplets. "With only five ingredients, this rich and creamy rice casserole mixes up in a snap. I always get requests for the recipe," she remarks.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, chilies and cheese. Stir in rice. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili Rice in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p9
Reviews for Green Chili Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review