- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, chilies and cheese. Stir in rice. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Green Chili Rice
"The rice didn't cook"
"I found this recipe in the TOH magazine many years ago, and loved it! But over the years I lost it and after many times searching the web site finally found it again. I am so happy! I am not a rice eater but I crave this recipe when I make chicken cheese enchiladas. It is so easy with few ingredients and everyone loves it. Thank you Sandra Hanson! Definitely Five Stars!"
"Easy and delicious. Went over we'll with entire extended family. Even kids. Will definitely make again."
"My family loved this, it was so filling and superb!"