I like my food with a spicy kick; my wife does not. These ribs with green chilies suit her taste. For more firepower, add cayenne or jalapenos. —Guy Newton, Nederland, Colorado
Featured In: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa verde
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Additional minced fresh cilantro
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; rub with 1 tablespoon cumin. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown ribs in batches. Place ribs in a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Add onion to same pan; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add salsa verde, green chilies, broth, 1/4 cup cilantro, flour, garlic, cayenne and remaining cumin to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with additional cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili Ribs in Taste of Home February/March 2016, p76
Reviews for Green Chili Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review