Green Chili Quiche Squares Recipe
- 3 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Arrange croutons in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chilies and cheese. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and garlic powder. Pour over cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 259 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Green Chili Quiche Squares
"Everyone loves this dish. Easy to make and tastes delicious. I only use 2 cups of cheese and a 7 oz can of green chilis. I also add cubed ham. My co-workers love when I bring this to work. Definitely a keeper!"
"I made this quiche for a women's luncheon at church and received alot of compliments. I uped the garlic powder to 1/2 tsp. Easy to make and absolutely delicious!"