Green Chili Quiche Squares Recipe
Chilies add spark to this cheesy quiche. You can vary the flavor based on the kind of crouton you buy. I like to serve fresh fruit on the side.—Connie Willson, Huntington Beach, California
- 3 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Arrange croutons in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chilies and cheese. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and garlic powder. Pour over cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 259 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 646 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Green Chili Quiche Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC