- Sprinkle half of the chilies and cheese into a 2-qt. baking dish
- coated with cooking spray. Layer with bean mixture, corn and
- remaining chilies and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining salt. In another small
- bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk and pepper sauce; gradually
- whisk into flour mixture until smooth. Pour over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until set. Sprinkle
- with red onion and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 312 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 884 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 reduced-fat milk.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.