- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half of the chilies and cheese into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with bean mixture, corn and remaining chilies and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining salt. In another small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk and pepper sauce; gradually whisk into flour mixture until smooth. Pour over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with red onion and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Green Chili Luncheon Bake
"I made this recipe as written and served it with additional corn, which we eventually just added to the casserole because it added so much flavor. I also made it with 93/7 ground beef because we prefer that over turkey and it was very good. My husband has declared this as a "make again.""