Green Chili Grilled Cheese
An old favorite gets a Southwest twist in these savory sandwiches suggested by Emily Hockett (above with husband Van) of Federal Way, Washington. "I make grilled cheese often in summer when it's too hot to use the oven," she relates. "It is a nice light lunch or dinner."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 slices bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Top two slices of bread with two slices of cheese; sprinkle with
- chilies. Top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of
- In a large skillet or griddle, toast sandwiches until bread is
- lightly browned on both sides or until lightly browned.
- Yield: 2 servings.