Green Chili Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
This tangy take on grilled cheese is a meal in itself, but would be great with a side of chicken chili. —Leslie Neely, Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 8 teaspoons butter
- Spread mayonnaise over four slices of bread; layer with cheese slices
- and green chilies. Top with remaining bread.
- Butter outsides of sandwiches. In a small skillet over medium heat,
- toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is
- melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 455 calories, 31 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 894 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.