This tangy take on grilled cheese is a meal in itself, but would be great with a side of chicken chili. —Leslie Neely, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Recommended: Our Most Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Ever
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 8 teaspoons butter
- Spread mayonnaise over four slices of bread; layer with cheese slices and green chilies. Top with remaining bread.
- Butter outsides of sandwiches. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p30
Reviews for Green Chili Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review