Green Chili Grilled Cheese Recipe
An old favorite gets a Southwest twist in these savory sandwiches suggested by Emily Hockett (above with husband Van) of Federal Way, Washington. "I make grilled cheese often in summer when it's too hot to use the oven," she relates. "It is a nice light lunch or dinner."
- 4 slices bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Top two slices of bread with two slices of cheese; sprinkle with chilies. Top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet or griddle, toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides or until lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili Grilled Cheese in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p11
Reviews for Green Chili Grilled Cheese(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >