Green Chili Flautas Recipe
This recipe has always been a great success at potlucks, especially when we lived in New Mexico. You can assemble this dish and freeze it to bake at a later date.—Lisa Ann Platt, Bellevue, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 5 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- Shredded lettuce, guacamole, salsa, sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, chilies and cumin; set aside.
- 2. Warm the tortillas; brush both sides with some of the butter. Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly; place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 500° for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, brushing once with remaining butter. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 10 flautas.
1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC