Green Chili Flautas
This recipe has always been a great success at potlucks, especially when we lived in New Mexico. You can assemble this dish and freeze it to bake at a later date.—Lisa Ann Platt, Bellevue, Nebraska
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 5 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- Shredded lettuce, guacamole, salsa, sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the cheese, chilies and cumin; set aside.
- Warm the tortillas; brush both sides with some of the butter. Spoon
- about 1/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up
- tightly; place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- Bake, uncovered, at 500° for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown,
- brushing once with remaining butter. Serve with toppings of your
- choice. Yield: 10 flautas.
Timely Tip: To quickly warm flour tortillas, place unwrapped tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a paper towel. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until warm.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories,