Green Chili Egg Puff Recipe
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to eggs and mix well. Stir in the cheeses and chilies.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Green Chili Egg Puff(5)
Sort By :
Easy and delicious! I often bring this to breakfast potlucks and it's always a hit.
Excellent brunch or pot luck!
I have to admit: this was pretty amazing. However, I would make the following two changes:
1) The fat content is extremely high on this puff and there are easy ways to tone it down. Buy lower milkfat cottage cheese and lower milkfat monterey cheese. This also significantly lowers the calorie count, while not effecting the protein count (which is one of the reasons I love this recipe.)
2) I didn't taste the green chilis at all and I am NOT a fan of spicy food. I used a 4.5 oz can and next time will use closer to 6 oz.
Sidenote: This puff tastes amazing with salsa on top. :)
This is so good that my "picky eater" granddaughter requests it often!
It was very good & easy to make. Everybody liked it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Casseroles >