- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to eggs and mix well. Stir in the cheeses and chilies.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Green Chili Egg Puff
Sort By :
"In appreciation of my employees, i made a big brunch for them. This was one of the recipes I made. There wasn't a morsel left! Everyone loved it. I had leftover jack cheese, chilies & cottage cheese, so I made the recipe again in a 1/2 sz version the next day, but to change it up I added thawed hash brown potatoes and bacon bits. OMG! Super yummy any way you make this dish. Next time I will do a diced ham version and try cooking it in a muffin tin. Love recipes that are so versatile! ?"
"this is a delicious southern style dish. tho it may not be, it rememds me of it. it is delicious EAT UP;)"
"Sprinkle a can of French fried onion rings on top before you bake. Delish."
"Easy and delicious! I often bring this to breakfast potlucks and it's always a hit."
"Excellent brunch or pot luck!"