Green Chili Corn Muffins Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine corn bread and cake mixes. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, water and oil. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Add chilies and 3/4 cup cheese.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 183 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Green Chili Corn Muffins
"Loved the sweetness of these. The only thing I'd change next time is adding some fresh jalapenos for a little more kick. The chilies were too bland for my liking with the sweetness of the cake mix. Also I won't sprinkle with cheese next time."
"Thanks for this great recipe! The muffins are light and delicious. I put all the cheese in the mix and made a savory topping with cream cheese, honey, hot sauce, buttermilk and some of the chilis. Garnished with small red pepper slices."
"Flavor is okay, but the cheese on top hardens in a few minutes and is gross. I'd rather just make a box of Jiffy cornbread mix than make these again."