While visiting a local Mexican restaurant, I sampled a spicy corn muffin with a surprising sweetness. This recipe is a result of numerous attempts to re-create that treat using convenient mixes. These moist muffins are tasty with Mexican dishes, chili and soup. -Melissa Cook, Chico, California
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread and cake mixes. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, water and oil. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Add chilies and 3/4 cup cheese.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili Corn Muffins in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p31
Reviews for Green Chili Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review