Green Chili Corn Bread
I serve this wonderful cornbread with honey butter to help tone down the bread's spiciness.Tracy Golder, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix, egg and butter. Stir in the
- corn, chilies, cheese and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for
- 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and honey. Serve with warm bread.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 388 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.